Re: [linux-audio-user] jackd

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] jackd
From: Bill Allen (ballen_AT_mail.serve.com)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 15:53:02 EEST

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Carlos Miguel Machado Figueiredo wrote:

> I've installed:
>
> ALSA/jack/ardour with success (so I think) with an sblive
>
> when I try to do:
>
> [root_AT_carlos jackd]# jackd -v -d alsa -h

Set up in /root a file called .asoundrc with contents something like:
------------------------------ start
pcm.mycard {
        type hw
        card 0
        device 0
}

ctl.mycard {
        type hw
        card 0
}

Invoke jackd with:

jackd -R -d alsa -d mycard

You might (at least I) have to supply other parameters:

jackd -R -d alsa -d mycard -n 3 -r 44100

Regards,

Bill