Re: [linux-audio-user] jackd

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] jackd
From: Carlos Figueiredo - Ritualnet (carlosfigueiredo_AT_ritualnet.pt)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 18:13:25 EEST

> > I've installed:
> >
> > ALSA/jack/ardour with success (so I think) with an sblive
> >
> > when I try to do:
> >
> > [root_AT_carlos jackd]# jackd -v -d alsa -h
> >

> Set up in /root a file called .asoundrc with contents something like:
> ------------------------------ start
> pcm.mycard {
> type hw
> card 0
> device 0
> }
>
> ctl.mycard {
> type hw
> card 0
> }
> -------------------------------end
>
> Invoke jackd with:
>
> jackd -R -d alsa -d mycard
>
> You might (at least I) have to supply other parameters:
>
> jackd -R -d alsa -d mycard -n 3 -r 44100

I did modify the file /root/.asoundrc and invoked jackd that way, but
unfortunately, it gave aproximately the same answer:

creating alsa driver ... mycard |1024|2|48000|swmon
ALSA: cannot open PCM device alsa_pcm/mycard
cannot load driver module alsa
jack main caught signal 15

so I guess I'm stuck in the same position...

cheers,

Carlos