Re: [linux-audio-user] Low-Latency 2.4.x with ALSA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Low-Latency 2.4.x with ALSA
From: Joseph Zitt (jzitt_AT_metatronpress.com)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 05:52:39 EEST

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:23:59 +0900
Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com> wrote:

> > 2) The document points out places to change configuration options.
> > In doing a "make xconfig", some of these places are not visible, and
> > it would be worth noting the path down to them and undocumented
> > additional needed steps:
> >

> While it's still fresh in your memory do you mind writing down the
> steps?

Well, that's what I did in the next few paragraphs.

> > a) To enable "Control low latency with sysctl", I first had to
> > enable"Low latency scheduling" above it.
> >

> Well that's what the help option says to do right?

I see that it does. But it would be much clearer and more consistent
with the quality of the HOWTO to mention it in there, rather than having
the user have to search for it.

--
| josephzitt_AT_josephzitt.com                 http://www.josephzitt.com/ |
| http://www.metatronpress.com/jzitt/   http://www.mp3.com/josephzitt/ |