Re: [linux-audio-user] Low-Latency 2.4.x with ALSA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Low-Latency 2.4.x with ALSA
From: Joseph Zitt (jzitt_AT_metatronpress.com)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 09:33:31 EEST

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 02:33:38PM +0900, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> My suggestion is to take a rest and reflect on what you have already
> achieved. Maybe even sleep on it or have some lunch, do something
> appropriate to whatever time of day it is.
>
> Getting networking up is usually the easiest part of using Linux because
> that is what it was originally designed for.
>
> You may have missed the module for your card in the kernel compile. Is
> it an ethernet card or a modem?

It's a Zoom V.92 PC Card Faxmodem.

> Do
>
> cat /proc/bus/pci
>
> to see what the numbers are for your card.
>
> Then have a look with google for anything that is related to that card
> and installing in Linux.

OK. This will take some bouncing back and forth, though: it's
curiously difficult looking things up with google when you can't get
online :-)

> You could also look in /lib/modules/oldkernelversion/kernel/drivers/net/
>
> to see what the module name for your card is. You should have a fairly
> good idea of how to get that into your kernel.

Yup... though it's baffling that it stopped working when, AFAIK, I didn't change anything with rest to it when doing the kernel xconfig.

> Now about that addition to the lowlat howto...:)

As soon as I'm able to send it from Linux again...:)

--
| jzitt_AT_metatronpress.com                   http://www.josephzitt.com/ |
| http://www.metatronpress.com/jzitt/   http://www.mp3.com/josephzitt/ |