[linux-audio-user] xmms crashes, freezes alsa 0.9

Subject: [linux-audio-user] xmms crashes, freezes alsa 0.9
From: Matt Price (matt.price_AT_utoronto.ca)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 04:26:30 EEST

hi everyone,

Has anyone had this problem before?

xmms launches, but when I try to play a song or playlist it freezes
and has to be killed from the terminal. Afterwards sound is messed
up and I have to reboot (or at least, I haven't figured out what less
dreastic steps I should take instead). Has anyone ever had this
problem before? OI haven't been able to find the error log, either,
so I can't tell you anything more specific -- anyone know if xmms
produces and error log at all?

anyway... thqnks again,

matt