[linux-audio-user] latency with ardour

Subject: [linux-audio-user] latency with ardour
From: Carlos Figueiredo - Ritualnet (carlosfigueiredo_AT_ritualnet.pt)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 16:20:56 EEST

Hi,

Now that I have installed ARDOUR, I'm as happy as can be just to notice that
a couple of 4 minute .wav files 'cause the program to "glitch" and jump
through the output.
I know I must proceed to read the sound/alsa how-tos and I will, but maybe
some of you can save me time and give some ideas as to what may be the
cause?

(the cpu does not seem the issue, could it be the services I have installed
in the machine (httpd, mysql, ??), or even the file system, or the missing
low latency kernel?)

cheers,

carlos miguel