Re: [linux-audio-user] SAOL examples (grain opcode, otherwise)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] SAOL examples (grain opcode, otherwise)
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 23:04:54 EEST

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 02:36:11PM -0500, Will Benton wrote:
> Is anyone using SAOL for granular synthesis (especially with realtime
> control)? If so, are you willing to share some example code? :-)
>
> More generally, is there a good resource/"cookbook" site for SAOL
> code? I have seen saol.net, the page at the MIT Media Lab, and John
> Lazzaro's page, but I haven't seen a resource that compares to the
> ones for csound, for example. How active is the "SA community"?

funny you should ask... there's a saol-users mailing list which
is hard to get subbed to (since it has to be done by hand).
not much activity on it, possibly because it's so obscure.
I just managed to get on it, and we've been talking about
starting a new more accessible list.

There's also the forum at saol.net, but I think the popups
have driven everyone away. They are REALLY bad there.

You've found all the pages I know about. I'm starting a
page at saolsound.sourceforge.net to provide SAOL implementations
of csound opcodes, and hopefully some nice example instruments too.

as to your specific question, I haven't done granular.

--

Paul Winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com "Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"