Re: [linux-audio-user] Low-Latency 2.4.x with ALSA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Low-Latency 2.4.x with ALSA
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 12:28:30 EEST

Joseph Zitt wrote:
> At 05:48 PM 7/24/02 +0900, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>> I think that Joseph has got what it takes. It's just unfortunate that
>> he has decided to give up on the GNU way so quickly.
>

> FWIW, it wasn't quickly. I've been using Linux in various forms since
> 1996. After all these years, it finally became time to stop the endless
> puttering and get some work done.
>
> (Now if I could combine Linux solidity with Windows ease and
> availablity, we'd be somewhere. Booted in Windows, this box is proven
> slightly less stable than Sinead O'Connor :-~ )

Well I hazard a guess and say over the past month and a half you've
exponentially increased your knowledge of how to get around in the Linux
system. Based purely on the progression of the content of your threads.

That stuff will take a little time to sink in no doubt but your
questions showed clearly that you crossed the barrier to, at least, semi
advanced user status. :) (If that is a real term)

It would be good if you do stick around and find the time to help us out
with documentation. We obviously need more and your experience as a
writer would help us a lot.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur