[linux-audio-user] debian/audacity/mp3 library

Subject: [linux-audio-user] debian/audacity/mp3 library
From: Matt Price (matt.price_AT_utoronto.ca)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 19:58:16 EEST

hi there,

question about audacity under debian: I wanted to export an mp3 (need
to send over the internet to un-ogg-enabled folks). Audacity looks
for libmp3lame.so; but lame does not come on any debian distribution.
I find that odd, because audacity _is_ distributed as a .deb package.
Does anyone out there know if there's an alternative mp3 encoder
distributed through debian that ausdacity can accept? Or do I have to
compile lame from source?

thanks,

matt