Re: [linux-audio-user] icky low level linux stuff

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] icky low level linux stuff
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 06:08:14 EEST

The more I have learnt about maintaining my system the more I have come
to value knowing how to work in the dark depths of the root directory.

Most of us round here are possibly too far into the depths of Linux to
give simple user friendly advice to a person who does not want to know
about the complexity of Linux. It's clear that we may not be helping new
users with this advice.

Should we be making a more conscious effort to dumb down our advice?
It's hard work giving advice to someone when you know little or nothing
of their experience and needs.

Perhaps there should be another list for advice to less advanced users
where we make the effort to get onto their level. This could help new
users to feel more comfortable asking simple questions.

This list was setup to give a forum to discussion for Linux audio users
without cluttering the up the discusson on the devel list. I don't ever
recall us making a decision to lower the level to LCD.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur