[linux-audio-user] Re: [Alsa-devel] ALSA docs

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Alsa-devel] ALSA docs
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_op.net)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 19:32:12 EEST

>I have the working version of the template for the new improved docs.
>
>Can people who have a spare moment have a look through it for obvious
>mistakes. Any additions to the text will also be appreciated.
>
>I've looked at it so many times now I need a fresh eye to spot my mistakes.
>
>http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/cmipci.php3

no mistakes, but i still think it very, very important that the link
to the section on card-specific options be clear and distinct from
everything else.

new users may want to see the rest, but in a relatively short time,
most of the views of this page will be by people who are looking up
specific information. there is a link to this already, but its not
obvious enough for my taste.

put it as the first element in the "table of contents", and use a
couple of <br> elements to make it stand apart from the rest.

there also needs to be a place for information about card-specific
control switches too.

--p