Re: [linux-audio-user] SNR (not audio)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] SNR (not audio)
From: Lloyd R. Prentice (pai_AT_tiac.net)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 20:04:20 EEST

Hi Ken,

"Malsky, Ken" wrote:

> Is this list always this bad?

As a thick-skinned newbie who has been a subscriber of this list for a few
months now, I can only urge you to please stay aboard and add to the richness of
information and shared experience that you'll find here.

True, discussion has gone off on a bit of a self-obsessed tangent in recent
days, but this is not typical. I was truly blown away by the scope and detail of
the many responses to my first naive questions. Such generous responses of
highly informed people is much more the rule than what you've experienced in
your short sojourn. In general, the quality of the responses is in direct
proportion to the quality of the questions.

If you read between the lines over the last few days, you'll see a strong theme
of "how can we be of even more help to newbies." This, in my experience, the
true spirit of this list.

Best wishes and welcome,

Lloyd R. Prentice