Re: [linux-audio-user] SNR (not audio)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] SNR (not audio)
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 21:37:52 EEST

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 12:31:14PM -0400, Malsky, Ken wrote:
> Unfortunately, in the few days I've been on the list, about all I've learned
> is that some of the people working with audio on Linux are
> snob-geek-weenies, some are thin-skinned-newbie-weenies

Well, that's really helpful. And what variety of weenie are you?
What? You don't think you're a weenie? Well, we don't
think we're weenies either. So no more weenie talk, please.

> Does anyone want to talk about must-have apps or warn of pitfalls? Can we
> discuss multi-channel techniques or a successful tube model or a
> well-received performance or how to keep fans & drives quiet in the studio?

That's what we usually do... believe it or not, you happen to
have wandered in during the only somewhat touchy discussion we've had
since this list was started.

> Throw me a bone! There are lots of other places where I can hear
> open-source frontier flaming. Is this list always this bad?

No, it's usually been quite good.

--

Paul Winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com "Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"