Re: [linux-audio-user] Reverberation

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Reverberation
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 12:30:09 EEST

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 04:06:14 -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Built-in convolution effect in Snd or convolution opcode in Csound ?
> You'll need some IR files (the Help for this effect in Snd points to
> some collections). I've created some excellent effects with both of
> those resources, but there may not be as much control as you want.

Also, my imp plugin and (unreleased) convolver jack app, though you will
need to get your hands dirty if you want to add impulses to imp.

If you are handy with maths you can also generate your own impulses from
raytracing or volume models and then convolve these. It saves you writing
your own reverb core and for complex models its faster.

I also have a perl script that you can use to generate waveguide physical
models. It churns out C source which produces impulses. You just describe
the waveguide mesh in a dot like manner.

I might hack it to produce ladspa XML files too.

- Steve