Re: [linux-audio-user] SSM and Ladspa plugin

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] SSM and Ladspa plugin
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 13:45:43 EEST

Dave Griffiths wrote:

>>>Does this happen when you connect to another plugin (after choosing a LADSPA
>>>plugin), or when it's first loaded?
>>>

>>When I connect the plugin. It may not be with all the ladspa plugins
>>but I haven't had time to test them all yet. Could it be a version
>>mismatch with Steves set? Should I try with a plugin from the cmt?
>

> I can't get all of the plugins to work in ssm, I think the default values
> change will sort them out - probably just the wrong values (although I do use
> the hints in my host) I was using recent versions Steve's Gverb and Dyson
> compressor in a track last night, so I know they work fine :)
>
> Dave
>
> : www.pawfal.org :

I have eventually got some sound out of the ladspa plugin. I didn't
realise that

a: the connection had to be reset everytime you change fx
b: in 3 on the oss plugin doesn't like me very much. Is it for output to
   disk?

Anyway the only FX that I can get to pass a signal are the white noise ones.

I have updated to swh-0.2.8. Does SSM support the presets yet?

Also should I be able to adjust the value in the value column of the
ladspa dialog or only the min/max columns?

Also is there more info online because I cannot find a users guide?

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur