Re: [linux-audio-user] RedHat

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] RedHat
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 22:55:08 EEST

> On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 10:36:39PM +0300, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> > Hmm.. RedHat uses anacron for cron services. Anacron man page
> > says that it does not use hours in determining when N days
> > have been passed. Does that mean the disk-heavy cron scripts
> > starts competing about disk bandwidth 00:01-00:30, exactly
> > at the time I'm doing montly recordings from radio?

This reminds me of something I've long wished for...
nice(1) is great, but wouldn't it be better if there was
a similar tool that took into account disk activity?

it would require direct support from the kernel I'm sure...

--PW

Paul Winkler
home: http://www.slinkp.com
"Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"