Re: [linux-audio-user] final scratch audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] final scratch audio
From: Conrad Parker (conrad_AT_metadecks.org)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 04:53:50 EEST

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 04:41:41PM -0500, Barne? wrote:

> Has anyone checked out the Stanton Final Scratch unit? I am curious
> about the verison of Linux it ships with, and how it is made easier
> for the end user to install. Asking that DJs install Linux on a
> laptop is no small potatoes, and I'm curious if they've made the
> process automagical in some way.
>
> http://www.harmony-central.com/Newp/2002/Final-Scratch-Ships.html

a recent article (in computer music I think, or else future music) seemed
to indicate it ships with a linux loader that runs straight from windows,
so that final scratch appears as an icon on the windows desktop.

funny, the only fault that article found with final scratch was that it
forces you to run linux, yet it also explained that stanton chose linux
for its reliability :)

K.