Re: [linux-audio-user] About alsa drivers....

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] About alsa drivers....
From: Mark Constable (markc_AT_renta.net)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 12:15:57 EEST

Juan Ramon Jimenez Garcia wrote:
> I need to compile drivers of alsa for a sound card in a embbeded
> system. The system is very small (only 32 mb of flash) and has a
> crystal CS3239. I have a develop PC where I compile everything for
> alsa (drivers, libs, utils...) but now I need to know what are the
> esential parts of ALSA that i must put in my little system (libs,
> includes, modules...).
>
> Perhaps i can compile alsa with some option to get everything i
> need in a directory or something like that. Perhaps any
> document.... well, any help will be welcomed.

This is not that much help but it's what I use to clean ALSA
off my system so ironically it might be a guide as to what
files to include in your embedded system. The paths mentioned
are from a stock CVS compile.

 http://alsa.opensrc.org/?AlsaRemove

You might want to "strip" all utils and libs too, before and
after sizes below;

    79979 alsactl
    29144 alsactl

  2634482 libasound.so.2.0.0