Re: [linux-audio-user] final scratch audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] final scratch audio
From: Richard Seymour (nutate_AT_speakeasy.net)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 16:35:22 EEST

On Tue, 06 Aug 2002 15:03:06 +0200
Nathaniel Virgo <natvi286_AT_student.liu.se> wrote:

> Patrick Shirkey wrote
> > Nathaniel Virgo wrote:
> > > (incidentally, I know someone who came up with the same idea a
> > couple of years ago. He's pretty annoyed that someone else got
> > there first :) )
> > >

> > Is he annoyed that someone else got there first or that he didn't?
>
> That he didn't, I guess. It seemed like a pretty revolutionary idea
> when we were CS graduates...

Just a little note, Final Scratch was invented and patented by a
company from the Netherlands called N2IT. That was by at least 1999,
if not 1998. It originally ran on BeOS, but then Stanton bought it
and (someone) ported it to Linux. From the website it looks like
they'll be porting it to Mac OS9 and OSX as well.

-Rich