Re: [linux-audio-user] Legasynth 0.4.1 compiling issues.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Legasynth 0.4.1 compiling issues.
From: Steve Mosher (steve_AT_wirelessisland.net)
Date: Sun Aug 18 2002 - 14:30:18 EEST

On Sunday 18 August 2002 07:11, Reiner Klenk wrote:
[...]
> > cd . && aclocal
> > aclocal: configure.in: 20: macro `AM_PATH_ALSA' not found in library
> > aclocal: configure.in: 21: macro `AM_PATH_SIGC' not found in library
> > aclocal: configure.in: 22: macro `AM_PATH_GTKMM' not found in library
> > make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1
>
> Check if you have two different locations on your system where aclocale
> macros are stored, e.g.,
>
> /usr/share/aclocal and /usr/local/share/aclocal
>
> alsa.m4, gtk--.m4, and sigc++.m4 are probably in the latter directory.
> Copy them to the other one. Having more than one aclocal directory has
> never worked for me. I usually remove one of them and make a symbolic
> link.

Yep, that's the problem, thanks. Do you know if this is a distribution problem
(i.e. setting up default directory structure strangely) or some other
phenomeon? I've noticed since I've installed Slack 8.1 that compiling things
is more of an adventure than it's ever been before.

> A similar problem seems to exist with /usr/lib/pkgconfig and
> /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

You know, I think I've fallen prey to a problem with this, too.