Re: [linux-audio-user] Legasynth 0.4.1 compiling issues.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Legasynth 0.4.1 compiling issues.
From: Reiner Klenk (pdq808_AT_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Aug 18 2002 - 13:11:57 EEST

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, Steve Mosher wrote:

> Yowza, I'm having a hard time compiling this on Slackware 8.1, has anyone had
> any success with this? I'm having some compilation troubles... but I may have
> installed the ALSA stuff improperly.
>
> I had to upgrade to automake 1.6, with 1.5 I was getting missing depcomp
> errors. I'm currently getting this:
> [... creates a list of makefiles ...]
> cd . && aclocal
> aclocal: configure.in: 20: macro `AM_PATH_ALSA' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 21: macro `AM_PATH_SIGC' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 22: macro `AM_PATH_GTKMM' not found in library
> make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1

Check if you have two different locations on your system where aclocale
macros are stored, e.g.,

/usr/share/aclocal and /usr/local/share/aclocal

alsa.m4, gtk--.m4, and sigc++.m4 are probably in the latter directory.
Copy them to the other one. Having more than one aclocal directory has
never worked for me. I usually remove one of them and make a symbolic
link.

A similar problem seems to exist with /usr/lib/pkgconfig and
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

> I miss the days when the compiler was all I really had to worry about.

Yup, automake and friends can drive you crazy.

Hope this helps,
Reiner