Re: [linux-audio-user] Wahwah plugin.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Wahwah plugin.
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 15:53:09 EEST

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 02:11:30 +0200, Nathaniel Virgo wrote:
> A wah-wah effect is usually just a (sometimes resonant) band-pass

Yes, and for some reason I thought we were talking about autowah's, where
the cutoff is driven by the signal amplitude. Pre-coffee I'm afraid.

If you want the effect to sound meatier, try adding in a little bit of the
source signal processed with a highpass filter at the same cutoff as the
bandpass.

Also throwing in tube simulators before and/or after the filter will add
some more harmonics.

The single band parametric makes quite a good wah bandpass and you can
feed back some of the output into the input to get resonance.

Just play about with it really ;)

If you want to make it sound more dynamic try splitting the signal with a
comb splitter, modulating the cutoff frequency and processing the two
outputs differently before mixing them back together.

- Steve