[linux-audio-user] Hardware for Multitrack Recording Setup

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Hardware for Multitrack Recording Setup
From: Jason MacDermott (jmacdermott_AT_rogers.com)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 01:16:41 EEST

Hi Folks,

I am investigating getting a new computer specificially for my little
recording studio - I'd like to run Linux on it, ALSA, and software like
ecasound and Audacity, etc.

Can anyone recommend specific hardware components? ie: Motherboards, etc.?
If I am going to be specifying components, I'd like to know what would work
well in a Linux/music recording setup. If anything will do, I might save a
few bucks by purchasing a pre-made unit (and all I'd have to supply would be
extras - like a BIG HD and mutli-in/out audio card).

Thanks for any suggestions!
Jay