[linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user digest, Vol 1 #145 - 15 msgs

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user digest, Vol 1 #145 - 15 msgs
From: Gerrit \ (gerrit.straub_AT_gmx.de)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 13:08:02 EEST

Hi, list, I'm a new subscriber, and a total Linux newbie.

after many years with Windows NT->2K->XP I finally made
the step over to Linux (SuSE 8.0-Still dual boot as I need my Cubase SX).
KDE rocks big time at first glance and I think Linux is ready for the
desktop.

Now to the problem:
Unfortunatley there doesn't seem to be a driver for my Audiowerk2 card.
I looked at Alsa but hmmm....no support ;-(
I heard some development started on this a few years ago but maybe has been
disontinued.

Anyone knows more ? The used SAA7146 chip seems well documented so I can't
belive there's no driver ?

Thanks a lot

Gerrit