[linux-audio-user] Re: linux on laptop problem and devfs

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: linux on laptop problem and devfs
From: m (m_AT_irixx.org)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 13:25:04 EEST

hi jordan,

thanks heaps... that sounds like the trick!
yup, i'm running devfs on here... have edited lilo.conf and will see
what happens when i reboot in a sec.

yup, the problems im having are that no sound devices are found at all.
i've had this since mandrake 8.1 - which i believe was the first version
of mdk to enable devfs by default... makes loads of sense...

i had huge problems with device conflicts etc when i first installed
alsa but they suddenly seemed to clear up for some unknown reason (maybe
i finally got modules.conf set the right way)..

but it just doesnt find a sound device in /proc/interrupts - the sound
modules load fine, but the kernel isnt seeing a sound device - a
thinkpad600E does share interrupts (and dsp i think) between the modem
and sound device on irq11 though...

so when i do 'modprobe sndcard-cs4236' its fine... but opening kmix
shows nothing.... blank window...

thanks again

iriXx

--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom? info_AT_copyleftmedia.org.uk www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

_ ( ) ascii ribbon against html email X / \ cat /dev/sda1 > /dev/dsp

"Feel free to step up to the plate, but before you do, don't throw rocks in glass houses..." - Linus Torvalds