Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: linux on laptop problem and devfs

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: linux on laptop problem and devfs
From: wes schreiner (wes_AT_infosink.com)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 14:05:45 EEST

m wrote:

>but it just doesnt find a sound device in /proc/interrupts - the sound
>modules load fine, but the kernel isnt seeing a sound device - a
>thinkpad600E does share interrupts (and dsp i think) between the modem
>and sound device on irq11 though...

Sorry m, you got this one wrong. Sound on a 600E uses whatever
interrupt you have it set to, and what you have it set to must match
what you have in your modules.conf. The interrupt can be any of 5, 7,
9, 10, 11, or 15. Since this is an edge-triggered interrupt you can't
have it shared with anything else, at least not with any other device
that must operate at the same time. I have mine on 5. The mwave modem
has to be on its own interrupts, I have mine on 4 and 10 (port and modem
DSP). I can have sounds playing while using the modem.

You can select the interrupts that your devices use with PS2.EXE under
DOS or setpnp in a PNP-enabled kernel. PS2.EXE is perhaps easier to use.

wes