Re: [linux-audio-user] joystick recommendations?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] joystick recommendations?
From: Nathaniel Virgo (natvi286_AT_student.liu.se)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 19:05:39 EEST

----- Original Message -----
From: Will Benton <willb_AT_cs.wisc.edu>
Date: Friday, August 23, 2002 4:53 pm
Subject: [linux-audio-user] joystick recommendations?

> hey,
>
> Can anyone recommend a good joystick for realtime softsynth/pd
> control?
> I saw some $18 playstation-style USB pad at walmart (I think it was
> made by interact), but it only had two analog inputs. However, for
> $18....

These controllers are probably ludicrously inaccurate. I know the actual playstation ones are - they jitter all over the place. It doesn't matter so much for games but for musical control it probably does.

I would also be interested in reccomendations for good joysticks (for use with the SSM joystick plugin) if anyone knows any.