[linux-audio-user] adm: problems with mailing list web archive

From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Sat Aug 24 2002 - 13:22:41 EEST

The htdig-installation that is responsible for the search
functionality of LAD/LAU/LAA web archive, is temporarily disabled.

As a replacement, you can use google.com to search the archive:

LAD:
"site:www.eca.cx [linux-audio-dev] your_search_keyword(s)"

... and same for LAU and LAA. Google.com database is not as complete nor
as up-to-date, but it's better than nothing (and it is faster... htdig is
not that fast). I've put a note about this to the search pages at
www.eca.cx/la[adu].

For those interested, the user htdig crawler version is not able to parse
the html directory folders created by Caudium. As a result htdig gets
stuck in a loop and creates a multi-gigabyte database of essentially the
same data. Arrghththghgh! I'm going away for the weekend, so I just don't
have time to fix this now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!