Re: [linux-audio-user] low budget musician soundcard

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] low budget musician soundcard
From: Richard Seymour (nutate_AT_speakeasy.net)
Date: Sun Aug 25 2002 - 17:37:28 EEST

On Sunday 25 August 2002 08:58 am, Olivier wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:13:41 -0400
>
> Richard Seymour <nutate_AT_speakeasy.net> wrote:
>
> > I have used it with a standard Joystick -> MIDI in/out connector cable,
> > and it worked like a charm. Sadly my the machine with the card is dual
> > booted but stays in windows because of other more pressing matters. :(
>
> that's what I was wondering about: does the XG have external MIDI support?
> The website doesn't say anything about MIDI... Does everything (including
> the external midi and full duplex audio) work in Linux?
>
> getting the card seems to be not much of a problem, many dealers in the
> Netherlands according to the website.

I would bet you 10 euros :) that it does. I can't believe their website
doesn't mention it, but I just checked and you're right it doesn't. It
really just needs a standard Sound Blaster joystick to MIDI connector. I
would purchase it from someone you can talk to about MIDI support, and
someone you can return it to if it doesn't work. You'll then need to email
me with your address so I can send you 10 euros. ;)

Good luck,
Rich