Re: [linux-audio-user] low budget musician soundcard

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] low budget musician soundcard
From: Richard Seymour (nutate_AT_speakeasy.net)
Date: Sun Aug 25 2002 - 20:06:32 EEST

On Sunday 25 August 2002 12:53 pm, Brian Redfern wrote:
> The maudio audiophile is decent and easy to use (once you get the hang
> of mixing with envy24control). Its got extremely high quality for an
> under $200 audiocard and has analog rca ins and outs as well as digital
> i/o and external midi control.

I don't know if you have this card, but the fact that it does SCMS management
is really cool, and of note if you happen to have some sort of non-pro
minidisc player that can do optical out. I wish I had one... But, as the
old query goes, does that work with Linux? :)

The Hoontechs as far as I know do not strip the SCMS bit.

-Rich