RE: [linux-audio-user] hammerfall dsp + alsa

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] hammerfall dsp + alsa
From: kevin ernste (kevinernste_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 07:27:58 EEST

> yup, I've got a similar setup so far with some
devices > that map to the
> plug
> interface as well.

Great. As your config develops, I would love to have
a look at the results.

> i'm still having trouble getting pd to work (either
> with alsa directly or
> through jack).

Looking again I am realizing that PD is indeed using
OSS emulation. Using the -alsa flag actually does
nothing for me (using 0.35), and I have yet to try the
Jack patch, but am impressed so far with it under
Ardour.

I guess I was just so happy to have something work so
simply...just a little "pd -rt -channels 8" and I get
8 working channels...joy!

> i will try ardour (been meaning to
> check it out anyway)

Its worth a look. Let me know if you have any trouble
building it.

> Yes - i didn't think that TotalMix was supported at
> all yet.

Sorry, it's not. I didn't mean to mislead you, I was
just commenting on the complexity of the HDSP system
as evidenced by TotalMix...a lot of power in a small
package but a potentially herculean task to fully
configure.

Kevin