RE: [linux-audio-user] hammerfall dsp + alsa

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] hammerfall dsp + alsa
From: Daniel Heckenberg (daniel_AT_bogusfront.org)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 05:40:53 EEST

> Others will certainly have more sophisticated
> asoundrc's to offer you than this stock version, but
> it works pretty well for me my nother machine using
> RME's Hammerfall 9652:
>
> # ALSA resource file (~/.asoundrc)
> # Use pcm.<snd_id> and ctl.<snd_id>
>
> pcm.rme9652 {
> type hw
> card 0
> }
> ctl.rme9652 {
> type hw
> card 0
> }

yup, I've got a similar setup so far with some devices that map to the plug
interface as well.

> For example with this config, Ardour/Jack just sees
> the full 26 ins and 26 outs. I run it with "jack -R -d
> alsa -d rme9652" and then in a second shell, just
> "ardour". Other ALSA apps work similarily well.

i'm still having trouble getting pd to work (either with alsa directly or
through jack). i will try ardour (been meaning to check it out anyway)

> For now, I would try using a generic asoundrc with the
> HDSP as well. Getting anything which takes full
> advantage of its internal routing is a vastly more
> complicated endeavor (see TotalMix...).

Yes - i didn't think that TotalMix was supported at all yet.

Thanks for the help,
Daniel