Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA with midisports ? _YES, here's how

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA with midisports ? _YES, here's how
From: frank pirrone (fpirrone_AT_localnet.com)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 03:27:35 EEST

Juan Reyes wrote:

> Has anyone been able to make the midiman midisport 1x1 midi interface with
> alsa and using a script with fxload to load its firmware with the files
> ezusbmidi1x1.ihx and ezusbmidi2x2.ihx and a modified
> /etc/hotplug/usb.usermap.
>
> Although we are able to load the firmware the midisport is subsequently
> disconnected. The snd-usb-midi ALSA module loads OK.
>
> This is tail -f /var/log/messages
>
> Sep 1 10:30:49 localhost kernel: hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1,
> assigned device number 9
> Sep 1 10:30:49 localhost kernel: usb.c: USB device 9 (vend/prod
> 0x763/0x1001) is not claimed by any active driver.
> Sep 1 10:30:53 localhost /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: ... no modules for USB
> product 763/1001/1
>
> Thank you
>
> -- Juan Reyes

Juan,

Yeah, the MidiSport 2x2 works perfectly, and I understand the 1x1 does as
well. Here is the MidiSport ID section at www.linux-usb.org:

0763 Midiman
        1001 Midisport 2x2
        1010 Midisport 1x1
        1020 Midisport 4x4
        1030 Midisport 8x8

Others asked about these interfaces as well. You will need to grab the
Exusb2131 tarball and compile/install it. Then executing the following
should have the lights signal your success:

modprobe ezusb2131 vendor_id=0x763 product_id=0x1001

ezusbmidi2x2.ihx > /proc/ezusb/dev0

modprobe usb-midi

Running MusE, for example will allow you to out/in to the raw device
/dev/midi. Alsa 0.9.0rc3 has full support,

Good luck gentlemen, Juan, Kai, Joseph, etc.

Frank