Re: [linux-audio-user] unwanted noise in soundcard

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] unwanted noise in soundcard
From: Son of Zev (sonofzev_AT_labyrinth.net.au)
Date: Sun Sep 01 2002 - 10:02:18 EEST

What do you describe as digital noise?

The only digital noise is clipping really and that's really ugly..

You could simply have the very common problem of RF interference from
other devices.

You could of course try getting better cables for everything (monitor ..
and all other devices) and put tirodial cores around them (those funny
big cylindrical clamps.... That would help reduce RF interference from
these devices...

I have the same sound card and have very little noise at all... but have
experienced it when ground loops have been present and also simply from
a cheap monitor cable....

cheers

Allan

--
Linux: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste.
(By komarimf_AT_craft.camp.clarkson.edu, Mark Komarinski)