Re: [linux-audio-user] Hello and which dist. of linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Hello and which dist. of linux
From: Carlos Figueiredo - Ritualnet (carlosfigueiredo_AT_ritualnet.pt)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 11:47:34 EEST

Nick,

Other people will correctly tell you there´s no "right" distribution (at
least until www.agnula.org is out!)
I had as most of us quite some time invested in this, so my advice is don't
be disappointed with problems that may and probably will come up. Look at it
as a learning process that will be a plus in the future.

If you want something up and running in no time find someone else to install
it for you!

If you have a couple of weekends (at least) to spare, my advice is get RH
7.3 and update it according to the instructions on
http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/ wich is a repository of
RH upadtes and other software for Audio/Video purposes.
It took me a weekend to install it from scratch (but I'm experienced...sort
of) and I had almost no problems.
It even worked with my digital camera at first, and that impressed me! It is
really a good place to start. (I have nothing to do with this project by the
way, I'm just a fan)

GO ahead and let us know how it performed...

Carlos Figueiredo