Re: [linux-audio-user] CDDB scan

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] CDDB scan
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 17:54:37 EEST

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 11:43:43 -0300, luis jure wrote:
> i'm looking for a program that can search information of a music cd in the
> CDDB and that can save or export that information as text. what i would
> like to do (you guessed it) is build a database of all my cds without
> having to type all the information by hand.

I'm not sure if this is what you want, but if you insert a cd, most gnome
programs will store the CDDB details in a standard cddb cache
(~/.cddbslave/* on my system).

You can then just pull the data of of this directory using perl or
whatever - its text.

I used this to build a browsing history on a music library terminal.

- Steve