Re: [linux-audio-user] CDDB scan

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] CDDB scan
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 18:44:11 EEST

Hi,
luis jure hat gesagt: // luis jure wrote:

> i'm looking for a program that can search information of a music cd in the
> CDDB and that can save or export that information as text. what i would
> like to do (you guessed it) is build a database of all my cds without
> having to type all the information by hand.

A search for CDDB on http://freshmeat.net brings up 57 projects. Most
are CDDB/FreeDB enable ripper and burner frontends, but there are also
some projects for managing CD data. I would just hack together
something personal in Perl or Python, if I had many CD's (I'm a vinyl
guy), but maybe you find something on fm.net

ciao