Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Ardour-users] multiple unsynced cards

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Ardour-users] multiple unsynced cards
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 19:14:50 EEST

Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 02:37:23PM +0900, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>>I just managed to get the code from Jeorn working on my crappy cards
>>here. (it also allows me to use a crappy card and my quattro together
>>or I guess even all three for eight channels i/o ;)
>>
>>So that makes at least two people who have done this.
>

> Interesting... and you're not word-clock syncing them?
> There must be drift... How long can you use them, practically?
> WHat happens after a while?

I'll have to get back on this. I intend to set up a full dj session with
  6 outputs. 4 will be sample synced going to my mixer and 2 will be
unsynced stereo heaphones for cueing. I'll probably have the mixer outs
as inserts into the headphones route.

Serious testing will be over the next few days as I am JACK in Playback
only mode with no xruns for the past 20 minutes. Next I have to get
motivated to mix a set.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur