Subject: [linux-audio-user] Motherboard recommendations?
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 19:57:46 EEST
Well, my old soyo mobo seems to have fried.
I see tons of possibilities on the market, but hey,
this is audio... we have weird needs and sometimes it's
hard to tell from a spec sheet..
Can anybody recommend motherboards and/or chipsets
that meet these criteria?
- good for low-latency audio work, e.g. don't
have nasty southbridge bugs (or at least have good
- ATX form factor
- will take a PIII 866 (coppermine, socket 370)
- Dual CPU capability would be nice, that'll probably
be my next upgrade
- will take PC-133 memory, at least 512 MB
- onboard IDE must work with CDDA (ripping)
- no built-in video
- no built-in audio, or at least it can be disabled or safely ignored
- won't fry after a year and a half of routine use :(
Paul Winkler "Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!" _______________________________________________ linux-audio-user mailing list linux-audio-user_AT_music.columbia.edu http://music.columbia.edu/mailman/listinfo/linux-audio-user
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Mon Sep 16 2002 - 20:03:25 EEST