[linux-audio-user] Motherboard recommendations?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Motherboard recommendations?
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 19:57:46 EEST

Hi all,

Well, my old soyo mobo seems to have fried.
I see tons of possibilities on the market, but hey,
this is audio... we have weird needs and sometimes it's
hard to tell from a spec sheet..

Can anybody recommend motherboards and/or chipsets
that meet these criteria?

- good for low-latency audio work, e.g. don't
have nasty southbridge bugs (or at least have good
kernel workarounds)

- ATX form factor

- will take a PIII 866 (coppermine, socket 370)

- Dual CPU capability would be nice, that'll probably
be my next upgrade

- will take PC-133 memory, at least 512 MB

- onboard IDE must work with CDDA (ripping)

- no built-in video

- no built-in audio, or at least it can be disabled or safely ignored

- won't fry after a year and a half of routine use :(