RE: [linux-audio-user] A Newbie's New System?

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] A Newbie's New System?
From: D R Holsbeck (drh_AT_niptron.com)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 20:36:12 EEST

My RME HDSP syncs up just fine with our Mackie SDR, using adat. Many
hours of transfers and 0 glitches. And I am picky about the audio
quality.

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 08:37, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Steve,
> Good inputs. Thanks.
>
> In my normal (non-Ardour so far!) setup, I use PTLE as a sync master on
> one PC sending sync to the RME via ADAT on a second PC. It works
> wonderfully. I don't think I've ever heard a click, so I don't think it's
> fundamentally impossible to sync over ADAT, although that doesn't mean it
> works under Linux yet.
>
> In this case I'll be happy with the AP2496 syncing to the RME, or the RME
> syncing to the AP2496. I know the RME can do that under Windows, so I'll
> have to learn how to turn on that feature under Linux. No rush, but I hope
> to discover that sometime this week.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

drh_AT_niptron.com

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -- Albert Einstein

They laughed at Einstein. They laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown. -- Carl Sagan