Re: [linux-audio-user] strange problems with snd

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] strange problems with snd
From: Nathaniel Virgo (nev_AT_ziggy.uklinux.net)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 17:29:45 EEST

On Wednesday 18 September 2002 2:28 pm, Bill Schottstaedt wrote:
> I can't resist posting this hack, though I doubt it's actually useful.
> In
> response to the Snd font problem mentioned earlier, I wrote some
> xm-module-based code to show what fonts a given widget is trying
> to use:

Hi Bill, thank you for being so helpful, I really appreciate this a lot.

I tried this just now, and the font problem seems to have magically fixed
itself. The only thing I can think of that could have caused this was that
earlier today I changed my login manager from gdm to kdm, which seemed to
mess up my fonts in kde by making them too big, so I played around with them
for a bit before changing back to gdm so I could have them how I wanted.
Something in this process must have sorted the snd fonts problem out.

In case it helps, if I type "(show-minibuffer-font)" in the listener, I get

bold_button_font: Times Bold
#f

Incidentally, now that it's working, is there a way to make the fonts bigger?
(I run a really high-res display)

Anyway, time to get back to learning how to use snd :)