Re: [linux-audio-user] New software synthesizer for Linux (free under GPL v. 2)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] New software synthesizer for Linux (free under GPL v. 2)
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 14:35:26 EEST

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 12:43:26 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > "If you want to use this program to make music that is against God and
> > Jesus (like HeavyMetal, NewAge,..) STOP and think that you'll be judged
> Now, seriously: Obviously this is not against the GPL, because it
> doesn't hinder you in any way to use the software for devilish
> purposes or give it away to a heavy metal freak, it just wants you to
> think about, what you're doing by this.

I would imagine that would only encourage producers of hevay metal and so,
its kind of the point, right? Rebellion and all that.

It is however slighty offensive to the aprox. 70% (and growing) of the
worlds population who are not christian.
c.f. http://www.religioustolerance.org/

I wonder how people would react if a scientologist produced a softwynth
and said she only wanted it to be used by operating thetans ;) I don't
view it any differently myself.

- Steve