[linux-audio-user] Linux Laptop Sound article published

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Linux Laptop Sound article published
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 15:59:10 EEST

Greetings:

  A while ago I polled this group for information and opinions about
setting up sound on laptops running Linux. My article has been
published, you can find it here:

        http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2002/09/19/linuxlaptop.html

  Please note that it is rather model-centric, charting my experiences
with the HP Omnibook 4150, but hopefully it will inspire other laptop
owners who may have difficulty setting up a sound system on their
machines.

  Again, my thanks to all who responded and shared their own experiences
with me. As an aside, I must say I've been rather lucky with my 4150,
and I had relatively few problems. Someday someone wil have to rate a
variety of laptops by their ease of sound setup for Linux. It's evident
that some machines and/or chipsets are just not very Linux-friendly, and
that information could be very useful for a user looking for a laptop to
run Linux audio apps.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org