RE: [linux-audio-user] amplifiers

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] amplifiers
From: Lars Åslund (lasse_AT_umt.se)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 10:05:44 EEST

Jim,

I´m using a M-Audio card (Audophile 2496) and a LINN Numerik external DAC for
Audio playback.(in a ReadHat 7.3 box with ALSA drivers) very nice!

It´s very important to have a good source like uncompressed music (or a good compression like flac or someting), good Soundcard, DAC is also very important.

If you can get a nice Surround processor you will have a Sdif input, and if you
Connect computer from your Digital out to spdif in, you probably get better result.

And of cause, ordanary PC speaker is not that fun to listen at...

Try to get a pair of used nice speakers, you get more music for less money.

Best regards /Lasse