Re: [linux-audio-user] Advice for new users?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Advice for new users?
From: Emiliano Grilli (emillo_AT_libero.it)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 13:05:50 EEST

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:37:32 +0100
Steve Harris <S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> The CVS version of Muse can - it has ijack and softsynth support too,
> but I've not tried it.

Ok, but he said that has little linux experience, and I don't think that
compiling program from CVS is straightforward for a newbie... (in fact I
just tried to compile Muse from CVS and compilation failed due to a
relocation error: /opt/kde3/lib/libkio.so.4: undefined symbol:
unregisterStaticDeleter__7KGlobalP18KStaticDeleterBase)

However, good to know that Muse can do that I'm sure that it will be a
"must" for every linux user, but for now it's not so stable and too
difficult to get "up and running" for us simple users (I use the one
that comes from SuSE, but never succeed to compile it myself).

Ciao