Re: [linux-audio-user] Intel 82801BA Sound

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Intel 82801BA Sound
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 18:05:21 EEST

bwc2001_AT_columbia.edu wrote:
> The channel faders up, both on alsamixer and the RH volume control
> panel. The speakers do work on the evil side, and I was also trying
> it with headphones, but I guess I won't do that anymore. aplay
> didn't play any sound, but it indicated that the file was playing at
> 4410 hz in stereo and didn't give any error messages.
>
> using: modprobe snd-intel8x0;modprobe snd-pcm-oss;modprobe
> snd-mixer-oss;modprobe snd-seq-oss
>

> I get this output from lsmod:
> Module Size Used by Not tainted
> snd-seq-oss 33920 0 (unused)
> snd-seq-midi-event 5640 0 [snd-seq-oss]
> snd-seq 47504 2 [snd-seq-oss snd-seq-midi-event]
> snd-pcm-oss 44388 1
> snd-mixer-oss 15384 0 [snd-pcm-oss]
> snd-intel8x0 23648 2
> snd-pcm 83648 0 [snd-pcm-oss snd-intel8x0]
> snd-timer 15336 0 [snd-seq snd-pcm]
> snd-ac97-codec 35332 0 [snd-intel8x0]
> snd-mpu401-uart 4796 0 [snd-intel8x0]
> snd-rawmidi 18368 0 [snd-mpu401-uart]
> snd-seq-device 6176 0 [snd-seq-oss snd-seq snd-rawmidi]
> snd 39180 4 [snd-seq-oss snd-seq-midi-event
> snd-seq snd-pcm-oss snd-mixer-oss snd-intel8x0 snd-pcm snd-timer
> snd-ac97-codec snd-mpu401-uart snd-rawmidi snd-seq-device]
> sr_mod 18136 0 (autoclean)
> soundcore 6532 5 (autoclean) [snd]
> autofs 13348 0 (autoclean) (unused)
> e100 79704 1
> ipt_REJECT 3736 2 (autoclean)
> iptable_filter 2412 1 (autoclean)
> ip_tables 14936 2 [ipt_REJECT iptable_filter]
> ide-scsi 10512 0
> scsi_mod 107176 2 [sr_mod ide-scsi]
> ide-cd 33608 0
> cdrom 33696 0 [sr_mod ide-cd]
> ohci1394 20108 0 (unused)
> ieee1394 46892 0 [ohci1394]
> mousedev 5524 1
> keybdev 2976 0 (unused)
> hid 22244 0 (unused)
> input 5888 0 [mousedev keybdev hid]
> usb-uhci 26188 0 (unused)
> usbcore 77024 1 [hid usb-uhci]
> ext3 70368 2
> jbd 52212 2 [ext3]
>
> Is something wrong here?

Not that I can see.

Not that this means anything to aplay but have you

chmod a+rwx /dev/dsp

It seems like you have everything working on the software side. If you
are using an amp have you turned it on or the volume up?

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol and put_symbol I think we used to have..." - Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem