RE: [linux-audio-user] Burning DVD-A with own 24/96 content

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Burning DVD-A with own 24/96 content
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 19:33:19 EEST

http://www.nongnu.org/dvdrtools/

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-audio-user-admin_AT_music.columbia.edu
[mailto:linux-audio-user-admin_AT_music.columbia.edu]On Behalf Of Patrick
Shirkey
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 10:38 PM
To: linux-audio-user_AT_music.columbia.edu

Martin Wolters wrote:
> I couldn't find any information on the web about burning DVD-A
> (DVD-Audio) discs. Does somebody know if that is possible? What programs
> and hardware are required?
>
> -M
>
> PS.: I am not thinking about copying commercial DVD's but making my own
> 24/96 recordings and play them in my living room - if that makes any
> difference.

The writer of cdrecord has also produced a dvd version which he sells. A
few other people have taken the cdrecord code and added dvd writing
abilities. However because the main author of cdrecord has already
written code that he sells he will not include the alternative. You can
get the patch relatively easily though. Just search the cdrecord archives.

I wouldn't expect to get friendly advice on the cdrecord list from the
main author if you try to use the alternative code but the authors of
the dvd patch also monitor that list and they are pretty helpful.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol and put_symbol I think we used to have..." - Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem