Re: [linux-audio-user] How do you make an ogg?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] How do you make an ogg?
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Sat Oct 12 2002 - 18:28:42 EEST

Laura Conrad wrote:
> And a related question, how do you tell your windows or mac using
> friends to play an ogg?

there are plugins available for a lot of the main audio players. Macamp
and winamp are two that I know of that support ogg.

I always encode at 256 bit and have no problems with files that large. A
5 minute wav will compress to around 4 MB. That is comparable to mp3
compession AFAIK.

oggenc -b 256 x.wav

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol and put_symbol I think we used to have..." - Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem