Re: [linux-audio-user] Easy question about a single app workstation

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Easy question about a single app workstation
From: linuxmedia4_AT_netscape.net
Date: Sat Oct 12 2002 - 18:56:11 EEST

>> WLCraig <wendell1_AT_anncrman.com> wrote:
>>
>> I use fvwm2 all day every day; ready to go in approx
>> .75 seconds. Does everything I want a wm to do. No bells.
>> No whistles. Perfect!

> Rocco <linuxmedia4_AT_netscape.net> wrote:

> You said *exactly* what I (originally) wanted to say about
> fvwm2....

Rocco <linuxmedia4_AT_netscape.net> wrote:

Oh yea... I forget to mention...

The reason it would be good for a dedicated PC Music Workstation is that (even though) you can strip fvwm2 down to just the grey mesh background, you can still have tons of functionality. If you left click on the backdrop, you get the (user defined) pop-up menu with all your favorite scipts, programs, utilities. And if you right click, you get a pop-up menu of all programs that are currently running (click on one to go to that program).

Imagine your multitrack recorder on one desktop, then you activate the pop-up menu and choose the mixer to go to your mixer. And that's why you dont need a task bar. Just move from modual to module without pesky task bars, panals or icons lying around taking up valuable space and resources.

You can have icons in the pop-up menu if you want to make this more intuitive.

Rocco