Re: [linux-audio-user] routing oss midi to second alsa midi port

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] routing oss midi to second alsa midi port
From: Takashi Iwai (tiwai_AT_suse.de)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 17:39:47 EEST

At Tue, 22 Oct 2002 23:08:48 +0200,
Olivier wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get the oss midi port emulation to use the second alsa midi
> port, and I guessed that must be possible with the .asoundrc, module
> parameters or some other configuration. But I cannot find how, does anyone
> have an example?

no, unless you use libaoss wrapper, the emulation is done on kernel.
i.e. asoundrc has no influence.

instead, you can set a module option for snd-rawmidi,

        options snd-rawmidi midi_map=1 amidi_map=0

then /dev/midi00 (usually = /dev/midi) is mapped to the second midi
device on the first card (/dev/snd/midiC0D1), and /dev/amidi00 is
mapped to the first device of the first card (/dev/snd/midiC0D0).

Takashi